I was invited to this event by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority that was in Stockholm to talk about what Las Vegas has to offer and they where there together with KLM that has a new direct flight from Amsterdam to Las Vegas. Since I have not been to Las Vegas yet, but I have always thought about going there this event seemed perfect.
First out to speak was Chris Meyer from the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.
- Mott 32 (You are recommended to try out the Peking Duck if you go there, but it has to be ordered 48 hours in advance)
- Vetri Cucina (Italian restaurant that is said to have a great view while enjoying your food)
- Cipriani (You are recommended to order the Bellini)
- NoMad (Try out the NoMad Roast Chicken)
- Red Plate
- The Factory Kitchen
Here is a list of some of the restaurants that will open soon in Las Vegas:
- The Slanted Door
- Water Grill
- True Food Kitchen
- The Crack Shack
- Mama Rabbit
- Sixth + Mill
- Smith & Wollensky (just opened)
- Tim Ho Wan
- La Monja
Besides the eating there is a lot of other things to do like going to the mob museum or checking out the Neon Museum or if you want more physical activities Las Vegas offers a hiking, off roading and more.
One other thing I liked that I heard was how much they are working on sustainability in Las Vegas. For example, MGM has served more than 500,000 meals in Las Vegas, utilizing rescued, uneaten food. And other resorts send its food waste to farms rather than landfills.
After Chris was done it was time for Martin Kotte from KLM to talk about their new direct route to Las Vegas from Amsterdam. And for a foodie like me he had some great news that they have opened a new lounge at Schiphol Airport that has a fine dining restaurant in the lounge that I hope to try out some day.
Here are some quick facts about the restaurant:
• Joris Bijdendik from the restaurant Rijks that has a Michelin star runs the restaurant
• Open from 7:00 to 22:00 every day.
• Breakfast from 16€ to 25€
• Lunch and dinner from 28€ to 76€