This recipe is made in paid partnership with Irish Beef Sverige ( https://www.irishmeat.se/ )
And the flank stake used in this recipe is from grass-fed Irish Beef.
Flank steak, Smashed potatoes with a mushroom sauce
Grilledflank steak in a Christmas inspired marinade served with smashed potatoes and amushroom sauce
- Frying pan
- ovenproof form
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 dl orange juice
- 2 tbsp chili flakes
- 1/2 dl olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 dl brown sugar
- 700 g Irish Flank steak
- 1 Mariande
- 1 kg Potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- 600 g Mushrooms
- 5 dl cream
- 1 tablett mushroom broth
- 1/2 dl soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mix all the ingredients in to a bag and mix it well
- Put the Flank steak in to the plastic bag filled with the marinade, let it rest in the fridge for a day.
- Take out the marinade bag with the meat from the fridge an hour before you will put it on the grill.
- Heat up the grill and put the meat on the grill. How long you put the meat on the grill depends on how you like your meat.
- When you are done, let the meat rest for 10 min and the cut it up and it is ready to be served
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft.
- Turn on the oven to 200c degrees
- Then place them on a oven proof form and smash them and pour the butter over them and att salt and pepper.
- Put them in the oven until they look crispy
- Chop the mushrooms, then put on the frying pan and put in the butter. After you fry the mushroom, you sprinkle the flour over the mushroom while you stir, how much flour depends on how thick the sauce you want. Add cream and mushroom broth, pour in the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Let it boil, taste and when you are happy with the taste, you are done.